Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wk 3: Comment Post: Cheryl

“the author asks us to think about putting Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" before every remark we make. Can you imagine? The last chapter was all about letting go. That is where this week's picture came from. We have to jump without worrying about every little thing to reach the highest and furthest that we can. I think of the movie "The Great Outdoors". We often forget that very simple command to let go. John Candy is water skiing and after giving his son lessons on safety and letting go of the rope if you get into a situation, he totally forgets this himself and his son is screaming for him to let go of the rope but he doesn't. I hope all of of us this week can let go of our ropes and travel further and accomplish more than we or anyone else could ever expect!”

I loved that part in the book when it said to put “I have a dream…” before every remark we make. I have a dream that I will find a job I enjoy and am respected! I have a dream I will move out of this small apartment being shared by two families! I have a dream that I can begin to dream again! Of course his dreams were not fulfilled in his lifetime, so I am not sure what that says about this exercise, but it feels good at the time.

I really liked your example of the water skiing and letting go of the rope. Sometimes when times are tough and you have exhausted all possibilities or at least the desire to conjure more up, you have to let go.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home