Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wk4: Think Out Loud: Where to Present



When I first looked at the list of possibilities for places to look into applying to present at, I was confused because they were all technology focused. Now, I wanted to go more Project Based Learning. So, I decided to research if there were any available conventions that had either an art-focused or project based learning-focus to the program. I did find a few, including: the Arts in Society Conference, National Art Education Association, Project Based Learning Conference. However, those conferences were currently not open for application for presenters. So, I took another look at the technology conferences. I noticed that it appeared each state had some kind of technology conference so I looked in to Oregon and Kentucky. Oregon's didn't say anything about presenters so I emailed and have yet to hear, Kentucky had one that was taking applications for presenters, so KySTE Conference will be one of the places I will be applying to. The other came from the list provided. The Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education seemed like the best fit for my presentation's focus. They had a wide variety of topics (as did the Kentucky conference).

I will say that in researching these conferences I did get pretty excited. Some I wanted to go present at and others I wished I had been able to attend as a teacher. I will say that some that surprised and concerned me was cost. I thought presenters got paid or at least didn't pay to present, yet some of the conferences I researched mentioned a fee (as high as 300 dollars). Plus there is the cost of traveling to where ever the conferences are...how do people do it. Who can afford that?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home